Politeama Theatre is located in Piazza Ruggero Settimo (usually called Politeama Square) in the center of Palermo. The name derives from the greek “πολι” (many) and “θέαοαμαι” (to watch). It’s was built in 1865 and completed in 1891 by the architect Giuseppe Damiani Almeyda.
It’s one of the most important theater in the Sicilian capital. The Politeama has been the headquarters of the Orchestra Sinfonica Siciliana since 2001.